Aquatic Phyiscal Therapy
Similar to regular physical therapy but with the added therapeutic benefits of water. Aquatic physical therapy can provide better muscle movement to re-gain strength faster while putting less strain on your other muscles. By committing to exercise in the water we can improve relaxation and reduce stress. We will work hard to optimize your benefits so you can witness the value and individual care you deserve.
Benefits of Aquatic Therapy with Layton PT
- A patient-specific written treatment plan is developed based on patient's individual needs.
- Conducted and supervised by licensed therapists and assistants specially trained and experienced in aquatic therapy. Therapists are in the water for hands-on treatment.
- Programs for non-swimmers as well as swimmers
- We have specialized aquatic equipment.
- Patient convenience - "Family" dressing rooms allow for help in changing clothes. Privacy areas for changing, are also available.
- Covered by virtually all insurance plans.
Facts about Aquatic Physical Therapy
- Through the resistance of water, the exercises have to be done at a slower pace. This can allow the body to gain a better understanding of the movements and improve muscle memory.
- You do not need to know how to swim in order to do Aquatic Therapy. The pool is only about 4 feet deep allowing our patients to still be able to stand.
- For those patients that are comfortable, we do utilize the deep water with floatation devices to decompress your joints.